Wednesday

There was no other option



I walked into the mist because there was no other option. 
Where I stood was clear but stifling and my soul couldn't wake up but
surrounding me, a cloud, and yet the only hope for my soul
was to enter this great unknown.  Why do we feel safe when we are
stifled?  Why do we fear walking into a question? 


I think the simple truth that nature is circular and never fails,
is kept turning, kept moving, kept rhythmically staying true by
the God who created it,
whispers to us that we need not fear,
and that we are in greater danger from the complacent,
stifled soul than from the unknown.



I fear standing still for forty years desiring to step into the mist and
yet so afraid of what lies beyond that I never go.  I fear letting society's
values guide my life and living in a bubble of materialism,
consumerism and striving for so-called success, when just beyond is freedom.


Comes the crossroad and it's this moment that you must choose. 
Safety, complacency and soul~sickness or
the unknown and freedom?
Came my crossroad and
I walked into the mist because there was no other option.


The mist is beautiful.



"The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir
"I need this wild life, this freedom." - Zane Grey

3 comments:

  1. "we are in greater danger from the complacent, stifled soul than from the unknown." This is such truth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beauty in your words and pictures...

    "Comes the crossroad and it's this moment that you must choose.
    Safety, complacency and soul~sickness or
    the unknown and freedom?"

    Reminds me of an Anais Nin quote which I love:
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom."
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heart you @simplelittleamy
    <3 @rebehack

    ReplyDelete