Monday

The Things



1. Sometimes I don't notice the things that I should and I spend way too much time focused on those that I shouldn't.

2. I think that if most people truly knew me, they wouldn't like me all that much.

3. I think the atmosphere that we create in our homes, in our lives, is one of the most important parts of parenting, maybe of relationship in general, and that we can do so much for others if we focus on creating an atmosphere of peace, beauty and gentleness.

4. I don't think I do a good enough job of creating that atmosphere and so I beat myself up daily for that failure.

5.  My husband tells me I focus too much on atmosphere and that I am missing the beauty and joy in our everyday life because of it.

6. My stress and turmoil over not creating the atmosphere I long for and believe my children need is what causes me to not create the atmosphere.

7. I see the cycle, I get it, but wonder how to move past it.

8. The key is to realize that the atmosphere is an outside representation of my heart, my soul.  If I want an atmosphere of beauty, peace and gentleness then I need to be walking in beauty, peace and gentleness, to breathe them, to be filled with them.  As surely as the rain brings forth green, a soul filled with peace will bring forth an atmosphere of peace. 

9. I can fill my home with lovely music and art, with books, poetry and tea, with whispers, soft looks, candlelight, but there will be nothing but turmoil and chaos if I am not breathing beauty myself. 

10. As with everything, it's the pattern of life, of God's grace.  What comes from us outside is merely a representation of who we are inside.  When we fall short, our sin is not our outward behavior; our outward behavior is a symptom of the sin, which is the area where we are resistant to God on the inside. 

11. To create the ideal atmosphere for my children, my husband, and anyone else in my life, I need to focus on my own soul~care, on allowing God to move through me, to soften my heart to Him and His ways.  So focus I will.  Who's with me?
 

14 comments:

  1. Oh my, this is so beautiful! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. 💚 It's my daily struggle and epiphany and the soul~care begins today.

      Delete
  2. Number nine, oh yes. Lovely photo, btw. So lovely .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Number nine. Yes. That realization hit me hard. Thank you. Xx

      Delete
  3. I am in the same place. I do well one day. Bad the next. My main issue is keeping up with the daily gring stuff and the real stuff you speak of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard but we can do it. Take the time to care for your mama~heart.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you my friend. We'll journey on together. Xx

      Delete
  5. Love your writing
    Boy do I know that cycle .
    I think that ending it starts with self acceptance definitely and giving ourselves a brake ,we take our jobs as mom so seriously that we end up holding ourselves to sometimes impossible standards .Im slowly learning that I can only play with the hand God dealt me and to do my best with that.
    He made us unique for a reason :)
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could have written THAT!!! My heart hurts and I am so dizzy to the impossibly high standereds that I hold myself up to... Thank you for being brave enough to write this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! I just found your blog and feel like I discovered a glittering jewel. Your words are balm for this mama's heart. Thank you for your clarity, your beauty, and your truth.
    xo Jules

    ReplyDelete
  8. "The key is to realize that the atmosphere is an outside representation of my heart, my soul. If I want an atmosphere of beauty, peace and gentleness then I need to be walking in beauty, peace and gentleness, to breathe them, to be filled with them. As surely as the rain brings forth green, a soul filled with peace will bring forth an atmosphere of peace."

    (((Hugs and so much love for writing this)))

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. By the way do you have a new puppy? So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete