Wednesday

to talk about things that don't fit with yarn along

I sat outside late last night watching the moon glow and
listening to the song of summer's orchestra.
There was such peace.
There is such peace.

Why did I bring that up?
So out of place in this here yarn along post.
But it was perfect,
a moment I don't want to forget.
And so now it's written.

Anyway, back to the post...
it's been quite a while since I have joined in with Ginny for Yarn Along,
thought I would throw my two cents into the ring today.


I'm just beginning two plain vests for the twins.
Their birthday is in September and I'm hoping to have them completed in time.
*hoping, hoping, hoping*

Currently I am re-reading one of my all time favorites,
Simplicity Parenting and
{finally} reading Under Wildwood.
I know, you probably remember months ago when I raved in excitement
about it's arrival but I still haven't read it.
The kids all got to it first and after that I just wasn't in the mood.
I am now.
And so,
I have entered the wildwood again.
I'm also reading The Children of Noisy Village to the littles.
I have never read it before and we are all enjoying it.

So that's it.
I'm knitting stuff and reading even more stuff.
It's summer and it's beautiful and we are basically living outside.
Life is good.
So good.

And then there's this,
because I just can't resist this girl...



Hope your day is delightful.

peace,
amy

7 comments:

  1. I just got Wildwood a little while ago and have been looking forward to reading it. I am hoping it would be a good read aloud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wildwood! The title alone means it must be good :)
    Peaceful words! Just the right ones :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've not read it suzy? Oh you should! Wildwood is the first and under wildwood the sequel. Such a fun story!

      Delete
  3. I must look the book up too! happy that your summer is full of peace and beauty. xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joann has an autographed copy and last I heard she hadn't even read it...the horror!

      Delete
  4. how lovely!!! those vests and the yarn colour look wonderful! and what a cute little girl with her kitten... how could anyone resist? clearly resistance is futile! :) Do pop by here more often ~ so lovely to see what you are making and writing.

    ReplyDelete