Friday

to share moments and wise words


 


"Thoughtful parenting requires time to think.  Yet many of us don't have time in our lives for thinking.  We need to make time.  Even a few quiet moments alone early in the morning will enable me to lay the foundation for a day of living and loving from the heart.  I meet my children then with heightened awareness, having already sorted out my own needs and priorities and achieved some sense of inner balance.  Of course, the days when it seems impossible to take this meditative time are the very days when I need it the most!  But I am learning- self-discipline is not an accomplishment in itself, but an ongoing, lifelong practice, one that challenges me each and every day.  Fortunately I have a great incentive to keep working at it, for I remind myself that it is not what I do as a mother, but who I am as a human being that will make a deep and lasting impression on my children.  I can bring peace to my children only when I possess it myself."
 - Katrina Kenison

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful quote! And such lovely pictures! Pearl's hair is getting so long :)

    ReplyDelete