Thursday

to share my parenting manifesto

My parenting manifesto...

I have read books.
A plethora of parenting books.
I have taken bits and pieces from them that encouraged me, but when it came down to reading about the *right* way to parent, or the *foolproof* methods, I can't stomach it.

All children are different. No "method" works for every child.

The only thing that works for every child is God's Word.

I parent by His Book.

I read that God is love.

And then I read about love...

"Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered,
it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails"

1 Corinthians 13:4-8


My eyes open to who GOD is,
And I see that these attributes of His are always evident in how HE loves me.

And as He is, I know I should be...
And as He loves His children, I will mine...




I will be patient when child does not heed my correction.
I will show kindness when my dears show none to me.
I will not envy "supermoms" who seemingly do it all, keep their cool, and have it all together.
I will not boast when I feel like I am that "supermom"... I definitely am not.

Let gentleness and love come from my mouth, never rudeness.
Always seek good for my children before myself.
Maintain a level head, not getting angry... for children are children and they will be childish,
just as I will be at times.
Forgive my children, wipe everything away, keep no record, move on in love, as my Father
does for me.


Rejoice when my children choose God and His ways, when they speak and act with wisdom.
Do everything I can to make sure my children are safe and protected physically, mentally and spiritually.
Believe my children... show them they can always depend on me, that they will always have a mother and father who will be their advocates.
Show them the Hope which we have, which allows us to move on, to keep going, keep trusting...no matter what.

Live.
Forgive.
Continue.
Love.

This is where I look to find out how to shepherd my children.
I try, but at times my emotions get the better of me...
yet, I pick myself up and start again
because Love Never Fails.



1 comment:

  1. No it doesn't :) And your home is brimming with all those things that love brings with it :)
    Happy Blessings and Peace to you all!!!

    ReplyDelete