Sunday

to a friend

Dear friend,
You are a light which shines and your beauty radiates
through your smile.
God has blessed you with a heart for love,
for life and
joy follows you, wherever you go.

Do not let others tear down what God has built
in you
so carefully,
with a love, a passion, a gentle
threading of who you are.
Though all may stand against you,
He stands for you,
though hearts may break and words may
wound,
He will mend you with incorruptible stitches
and you,
you can stand firm,
you can rest in everlasting peace.
You have been faithful and He holds you
so tenderly,
so gently,
in His hands.

Rest.
Be at peace.
You beautiful mama,
you.
He has this one too.

"I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” - John 16:33

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy, I'm glad I found your blog sometime ago,I've had it bookmarked for awhile. What you write is meaningful and encouraging to others. Your story brings hope to those who share your struggle and desire for healing. Thanks for continuing to write and add inspiring content to the web. I’ve nominated you for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. If you’d like, you can go to my blog and claim your nomination. http://bit.ly/SidLJX
    Keep writing!
    ~ Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely poem. What an encouragement for your friend. I truly appreciate the poetry in your writing.

    ReplyDelete