Wednesday

to like stuff

tonia posted some of her likes recently and as
it was just a marvelous idea,
i decided i had to share some of mine too...

1} loads of children
2} piles of books
3} wind blowing my hair
4} home birth
5} chickens
6} kid's giggles
7} homemade bread
8} coffee
9} tea in the evening
10} trees, lots and lots of trees
11} beautiful music with words of poetry
12} like minded friends
13} quiet
14} simplicity
15} things that are real
16} candlelight
17} sleeping babies
18} cloth diapers
19} pug dogs and bull dogs
20} knitting
21} long, flowing hippie skirts
22} blankets
23} gardens
24} children beginning to read
25} children asking questions
26} being at peace
27} starry nights
28} art on walls
29} discussions of ideas
30} writing
31} ocean lapping upon the shore
32} forests, blanketed in trees and scent of life
33} moments when everything falls into place and
                         peace settles, 
                    falling like a light snow,
                       covering all that it touches and
                   in those moments, knowing He
                         is so good and i have nothing 
                     to fear and
                              can just rest.

it's going to be quiet here for the weekend,
my daddy and my brothers and my daddy's fiance
are visiting and
we all get to stay together in some
amazing house on the beach.
i'm sure there will be plenty to share
on monday.

and if y'all want to share any of your likes,
i'd love to hear them!

7 comments:

  1. I have your same list, except coffee. Replace it with Dr. Pepper and we're good to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love dr pepper too! my parents joke that it is all i used to drink when i was a kid.

      Delete
  2. We share a lot of the same likes, which means we'll have a lot to talk about when we do meet in person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, Amy...one thing I love to do is travel on special trips with special people...my husband, children, mother, & sisters! I especially love this one though...


    33} moments when everything falls into place and
    peace settles,
    falling like a light snow,
    covering all that it touches and
    in those moments, knowing He
    is so good and i have nothing
    to fear and
    can just rest.

    Beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you amy! i have not traveled much, would definitely love to!

      Delete
  4. Such a peaceful list! I love it. :) I also like Dr. Pepper, but I only have it about once a year these days...not quite enough to add to my likes list, I guess.

    ReplyDelete