Friday

to imagine autumn...

today quiet has settled over our little home,
though filled with children they
have occupied themselves with games and
activities and
i snuggle baby and
sip coffee and read and
prepare for a weekend of company.
and may i just whisper a bit of gratitude for
overcast, crisp windy day?
it has been so {dreadfully} warm
here lately and
today God has blessed so
with a hiatus from that weather,
and if i didn't know any better
i would think autumn was upon us
{unfortunately i do know better :)}
and oh my,
the door just opened and
the scent of rain is flowing in...
i am enjoying,
literally drinking in,
every moment of this delightful day.

and if you would like,
here's a bit of what has been cooking over here lately,
a bit of finished projects...

free picture frame, 
spray painted,
josiah's finger knitting hung on it,
loaded with photos



finished sewing these curtains
to cover my used to be open closet


and this frame, also free,
which i covered by wrapping scraps of fabric
around it, 
in the center


magnolias finally in bloom outside
our front windows

and this little baby,
whom i just cannot get enough of






hope your weekend is filled to the brim,
with peace and love
overflowing...

3 comments:

  1. SHe's PRECIOUS!!
    I have to admit though, I feel a little bitter. I just packed everyone's winter-ish clothes away and now it's freezing! Never fails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of the new projects and the little bundles of love that helped create them. I am grateful God blessed us with this lovely weather today such a sweet break that I desired. Happy weekend beautiful friends

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of the new projects and the little bundles of love that helped create them. I am grateful God blessed us with this lovely weather today such a sweet break that I desired. Happy weekend beautiful friends

    ReplyDelete