Friday

just what you wanted to know...

this blog is two years old so i feel a bit strange doing an about me post,
but brandee did it and she's cool,
so i guess i can too...

and since i'm turning 30 this year, i suppose i will tell you 30 things about me...

{1} yes, i am only 29 though i have 7 children and the eldest will be 17 in a month...
       do the math, yes i was 12 when he was born, no i didn't give birth to him, yes he is my husband's
       biologically, yes my husband was only 15 when he was born. and i was 19 when i got married, and i    have  had twins... so it kind of makes sense.


{2} i'm not very clever... i am only on #2 and can't think of anything else to say.


{3} i post pictures when i have no words, thus, the above photo, pearl jean at the beach for the first time,
       morro rock in the back.

{4} because i couldn't think of anything else, i am back hours later to write again

{5} i love to read and could sit and read all day.

{6} knitting is good.  i love to knit.  it is super.

{7} i am not very good at talking to people.  i often say the wrong thing.  i offended someone by telling them i don't like watermelon. i am better at writing... i typically don't offend people when i write, though i'm sure that has happened too.

{8} i have begun writing 6 books.  most of them are children's novels. i love children's novels.  it appears i
     do not have much follow through.  maybe one day i'll finish them.

{9} i love homeschooling my children.  for so many reasons.

 
{10} i don't know what crunchy means but i have been called that many times, so maybe that is
       something that describes me, but maybe not.

{11} when i got married i didn't know how to cook, do laundry, clean, or how to do anything else
       essential to life.  my husband pretty much had to teach me.  i can finally say i'm like a real wife now.

{12} i had only known my husband for 4 months when i married him, and the beginning of that time i
       thought he was stalking me.

{13} my parents divorced when i was 5. they remarried when i was 6 {other people,not eachother}.
       my step mom passed away when i was 26.  i miss her.

{14} when i was in high school i would sit in coffee shops doing crossword puzzles when everyone else
        was partying.

{15} i was in an adolescent psychiatric hospital {aka loony  bin for kids} twice when i was a teenager

{16} Jesus found me when i was 17.

{17} that's also the year i offended don knotts grandson.

{18} when i was a kid and we played mash i always ended up with 19 being the age i was married
       and i was really married when i was 19.

{19} coffee and tea are beautiful gifts from God and i indulge in them all i can.

{20} homebirth is the most amazing experience.
 

{21} i love music.


{22} i want to live on a farm or in a forest.  or on a farm in a forest?

{23} we have two pine trees at our house and we have chickens... that's my way of pretending we do.

{24} as long as i have candles, a fireplace, books and my family of course, i have the perfect home.

{25} i am really really sensitive and i cry a lot.  even when i know it's stupid.

{26} i am infp. "INFPs are introspective, private, creative and highly idealistic individuals that have a constant desire to be on a meaningful path. They are driven by their values and seek peace. Empathetic and compassionate, they want to help others and humanity as a whole. INFPs are imaginative, artistic and often have a talent for language and writing. They can also be described as easygoing, selfless, guarded, adaptable, patient and loyal."

{27} i really do know how to use capital letters, i just don't like to here or on facebook.  and i don't like
      facebook.

{28} i live in the same area i grew up in, the central coast of california.  i like it here, but i'd rather live where        it snows.

 
 

{29} modern church structure and i don't get along but i'm trying really really hard.

{30} i love wearing long hippie skirts, but no, i don't think i have to wear skirts.  sometimes i wear pants.

the end.



24 comments:

  1. I LOVE your About Me. It's so much more colorful and photo-filled than mine.

    Charleigh, however, must not have liked your About Me because she pushed the power button on my computer while I was trying to read. Don't take it personally; she's only 19 months old, and she ain't got no sense.

    There were so many things I wanted to tell you while reading your post, but I don't seem to be able to look back at it and comment at the same time. *sigh*

    I love that you included your Myers-Brigg. Mine is ENFJ. We are the same in the rear. Ha!

    What's your spiritual gift?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the 'what about me' posts you and Brandee have done. You remind me of a girl friend of mine whom I love deeply because she is so much like you. Very authentic, earthy, and deep. I love this about her and I think I am reading this all about you. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't like watermelon...what the?!Heehee. Crunchy, as in, granola, as in hippie. I've been called crunchy, too. :) I think you're super cool and gorgeous. No wonder you got married at 19. That man knew a good thing when he saw it and wanted to snap you up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful blog and I loved reading about you... Very real and raw. I am glad I have 'gotten to know you' a little bit. God be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. brandee,
    same in the rear, yes! spiritual gift... only God knows. haha. maybe... dorkiness?

    ReplyDelete
  6. jodi,
    i know, i'm weird with the watermelon thing, everyone says so. and it all makes sense now, the crunchy granola thing. i've been called hippie plenty of times, so i guess then crunchy fits.

    ReplyDelete
  7. marlece,
    thanks! so glad to remind you of a friend you love :) she must be pretty amazing! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. thoughts,
    i am so glad i have gotten to know you too. you have been such an encouragement to me {even before i knew who you were!}

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this post Amy!
    You have a lovely soul and even though we are miles apart and have never met I think of you as a kindred spirit and a friend :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. love that you moved back....love hanging out...love your kiddos...love you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. who gets offended over watermelon?

    I haven't taken that personality test you refer to, but I do know that i am an Energizer-Harmonizer-Dearmer. and by dearmer I mean deramer.
    I hate capital letters.
    What I'm saying is I like to have fun. FUN IS NUMBER ONE. I like to say funny things. I LOVE to push buttons. I love to say funny things while pushing buttons.

    BUT THEN my harmonizer kicks in and I feel TERRIBLE about the funny/button pushing thing I HAD TO SAY.
    I think my personality is horrid. If you meet up with me, just know I don't mean anything I say. Unless it's nice.

    Let's hang out. I like crunch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. DREAMER.
    GOLLY could I not spell a word any more?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. joann,
    dearmer. i get it. be a dearmer. i'll be a dearmer too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh and joann, we would hang out. if there weren't a two hour long highway and a city of men made of kettle between us. know what i mean?

    ReplyDelete
  15. suzy, me too! you are always writing things that i think, hey that could be me. so glad to have you as a friend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. you are darling. absolutely darling. for a whole year i didn't use caps on my blog at all. i liked that. got it out of my system and now i use caps again (except when i don't feel like it.) i'm an INFJ.
    i think you're darling. did i say that already? i'm done with FB too. so boring. *yawn* and i'm not even disgusted that you are still only turning 30. 30!! *sigh* love you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What?!!! You're not even thirty yet? How is this the first I'm hearing of this? You are wise beyond your years, girl.

    I, on the other hand, am just old.

    I love watermelon, but it almost killed my dad when he had an allergic reaction to it, so I'm not offended if people don't like it.

    And, yes, Brandee is cool. Very cool. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. tonia, facebook is boring. and stupid. and a waste of life. and thank you for not being disgusted that i'm only turning 30... i wish i were older. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. nancy,
    you are not just old. you are like a fine wine. yep. i just said that. don't know why i don't like watermelon... just, don't. love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. leanne,
    somehow i missed you. i guess that's what happens when you decide to start responding to comments {which i am not very good at}. you know i love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your pages and stories and pictures are full of life and joy and they are lovely. thanks for the refreshment.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this page!
    The pictures of Layla are awesome! I think she is gorgeous!!! The twins are adorable as well!

    Oh and would you ask Layla if it is my turn to write her or hers please... I've been thinking it's hers but I just realized it might just be mine! :) Thank you!

    Love,
    Ireland

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are lovely. I'm just visiting for the first time and will be back. I want to give you a great big hug right now. ('cause I'm like that.)
    Beautiful words, beautiful photos ~ beautiful soul. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have so enjoyed reading your blog. I found it via ROTH (I am a first time contributor there and am so loving reading everyone's articles). Your writing strikes me as being very authentic. You have a lovely family and I am impressed with all you have done at such a young age. Blessings to you!
    Mary Ellen(aka Emmie)

    ReplyDelete