Monday

to watch the new fall like snow

there was snow
lots of snow
and it was piling up outside,
and still falling
and my face was plastered to the window,
in awe,
this was my first year in snow
and it was taking my breath away

new years eve,
2008,
stuck to a window,
and not just me,
but my children too,                     
only 5 at the time,
and it was just beautiful
our first snowy winter,
perfect,
and i hesitated to look away
for fear of losing the holy moment,
for to me it was a holy moment,
so much that tears were rolling down my cheeks
and all noise was gone,
and prayers were being whispered from
my trembling lips




for this snow
made me understand the new year
finally.
before this snow
all
celebration eluded me,
i could not grasp the point of celebrating the year changing,
even as a child
i didn't care,
y2k, 17 years old,
i spent that new years eve alone,
in bed at ten,
it was all so pointless to me


but this snow,
perfect and white and glistening,
everything i saw,
that i was used to seeing every day,
looked innocent and new,
it was a new place, a new world,
a new experience,
new feeling
and i could think of nothing else but His words,
“Behold, I make all things new."
and i felt it, i knew it was true,
and here i was,
a NEW creation,
with my family ready to celebrate
this NEW year
looking on this NEW world
and the Author of it all was watching
and loving
and making
new...


and i understood,
with my face to the window,
tears in my eyes
and praise on my lips,
i was celebrating the new year,
because He makes new,
 the old has gone, the New has come...

continuing to count His gifts today...
953  a new creation
954 the new life of pearl jean
955 pink baby stuff... everywhere
956 baby breath
957 baby smell
958 children running around outdoors, all day long
959 this beautiful post by suzy
960 the wisdom of my husband which often leaves me speechless
961 cups of tea, books and snuggles on sick days
962 sleeping all night with a newborn in my arms
963 friends whose words and prayers make life beautiful
964 snow, though far away from me, and removed from my life, still there is snow



8 comments:

  1. Awww thank you for the link love :)
    last year we had a record number of snowy weeks and almost everyone was getting tierd of it, except me :)
    There is something just so magical about it, and cosy, it makes you feel absolutly guiltless about louging around reading, tea drinking etc, on account of staying warm et al :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to see some snow here. Just a little - not enough to close anything. Because you know that in the South even a little accumlation closing EVERYTHING!!!

    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. baby breath!

    Oh, you are so blessed. Happy happy happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this refreshing look at the new snow. The first big snow of the year still gets me as excited as a kid, but the joy and excitement's always doubled by seeing someone else exulting in it for the first time ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! For a minute I thought you were having snow in California, and we still have bare ground. Not that I'm complaining. I'm kind of done with winter. Bring on the sunshine and the beach!

    Lovely post, lovely friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we're on the same wavelenght today my sweet frend! Holy moment-well said!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We would love a little snow here! Your snow pictures and words are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sleeping all night with a newborn in my arms.... love that! beautiful. xo

    ReplyDelete