Sunday

to see

Sunshine reflects off ocean in streams of glory,
shining through window of building where we meet
to worship and be together,
the body,
a mosaic of broken people
pieced together into beauty,
by Him.
Cool breeze chills bare arms
and all I see,
feel,
a reflection of Him and His grace...
wind blows, swaying fronds of palm trees
and He is breathing on me,
children voices pour into room from beach,
laughter, joy,
and He is loving,
the Good Shepherd,
rejoicing in His flock.
And we fellowship,
we pray,
and He is blessing us,
showering gifts upon us,
if only we would open our eyes,
and see...




499 church by the sea
500 sunshine reflecting off ocean
501His beautiful mosaic of broken people
502 the dance of the palm trees
503 sound of children playing
504 Layla teaching herself guitar, playing, singing
505 encouraging words from friends Brandee and Nancy
506 flickering candlelight in early morning darkness
507 morning prayer with three littles climbing on me
508 visits with family from afar
509 writing again

10 comments:

  1. I think a mosaic of broken, redeemed, and restored people, worshiping by the sea is a pretty good picture of heaven. And #509? That's what I'm thankful for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "a mosaic of broken people
    pieced together into beauty,
    by Him."
    Oh how true!
    I love the photos so restful and peaceful.
    Have a wonderful week Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy!!!! I've missed you, girl. Thank you for seeing and sharing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy- such a lovely list, Oh to have church by the sea! Thank you for sharing this. Bless you, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Church by the sea beautiful, and flickering candle light is also good for the soul! Morning prayer with little ones, so many good things to be thankful for, and so glad you are writing again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i just used this phrase at nancy's, but i'll repeat it here for you: so glad you have eyes to see.... He is good in allowing us to see Him and his work and his hand... his people, his broken hearts, his grace.
    church by the sea? yes, please!!!
    i hope to be writing soon myself, but it will come.... i hope you are feeling well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm glad I could find yours. That's neat that your husband is thinking about planting a church through Sovereign Grace. Has he attended the pastors' college yet? We're thinking about that as well.

    I love your daughter Layla's name. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never heard the body of Christ described as a mosaic of broken people. I love that. You are a wonderful poet! I love #503, one of my favorite background sounds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the broken people pieced together by Him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes! If only my eyes would stay opened and SEE all that He has given me! I need to be reminded of this on a daily basis!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...