Sunday

To be broken

Jesus why do I still have days like this?
Why does my heart ache?

You have set me free
You have made me whole
And yet I hurt...

I cry...

I raise my voice at a beautiful precious one...
then I feel defeated, ashamed...
I find no forgiveness for myself from myself

I argue with the one You gave me...
it's all my fault, I know I am wrong...
stubbornness overwhelms me and I just can't admit it...
I'm wrong, but the words won't leave my mouth...
he just wants to hear how sorry I am...
and I...CAN'T...SAY...THE...WORDS...

How wretched I am...

You are so good...

How lost I am...

You are so merciful...

How blind I am...

You are all I need...

Here I sit, broken, crying out to You

And You hear me, and You comfort me...

And in my weakness, You come

And as I weep, You remind me of Your goodness and I thank you for Your gifts to me...

45. Forgiveness...again and again and again

46. A new day

47. Sweet, sweet mercy

48. the quiet at the end of a long day

49. having loving arms holding me tight, even when I don't deserve it

50. six beautiful young ones to kiss goodnight,

51. reading to them

52. praying with them

53. tucking them in

54. being told I love you, five times

55. nursing the sixth who says I love you with his eyes

56. a night full of stars

57. temperature cooling down so I can sit in the night and feel...

58. Your amazing breeze,

59. hear Your creation making it's summertime night sounds,

60. speak to You in this stillness, find...

61. peace

We all continue to have days like this,
but love overcomes
and in Him is peace,
and now I can move on...

Thank You Jesus.


holy experience

4 comments:

  1. Mercy, mercy, mercy. That's what I'm thankful for because I too, still have days like this.

    He is good; His forgiveness is good.

    Giving thanks with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful list. I know the feeling all too well, I appreciate your words. Joining you in thanks!

    Jeana

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful Grace is :)
    I share your words and prayers here many times a day.
    God Bless
    (suzy, stopping by from the gratitude community)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How precious your post is to me and how well I can relate to your struggle with being human. Your honesty and transparency is refreshing. May you find peace and may the Creator of all things created hold you in His arms and teach you to forgive yourself as He has forgiven you.
    I join you in gratitude today for the opportunity to read to our children, tuck them in to bed and nurture them.
    blessings to you on this Monday
    ~a

    ReplyDelete